Sunday, August 12, 2012

Make It Work

I've been making a lot of collages lately.  It's very easy, and fairly cheap.  I went to Joann's and bought a 3 pack of canvas board, some Modge Podge glue, and some scrap booking paper.  I got colors that looked good together, but not too matchy.  Then I started cutting out pieces, I cut out the bigger pieces first, and laid them down on my board first.  Then I layered it with other smaller pieces of different paper and patterns.  Finally I added some ribbon and the text "Make it work"  Tim Gunn's catchphrase.


With the other two canvas I made some crayon art.  I had leftover maps and decided to cut them out in a circle, so that's in the middle of the board.  I had some traveling scrapbooking paper so I cut that out and glued it to the corners, I didn't want just plain canvas corners.  Then I divided the crayons into two different color pallets.  I glued down the crayons with tacky glue and let them dry for about 5 minutes.  Finally I used a blow dryer and melted the crayons both into the center and out to the corners.  


No comments:

Post a Comment